Maryland’s assessors work hard at providing feedback to assist referees with their growth and development. Referees at every level are encouraged to request periodic assessments as a means of improving their overall performance.
For those wishing to move up the referee ranks, assessments are a required part of the upgrade process. Details about the requirements to upgrade can be found in the “Referee Upgrade Information” section under the Referees tab of this website. It is suggested that referees arrange their required assessments as early as possible in the year.
The procedure for requesting an assessment is as follows:
- For Upgrades and Maintenance assessments, contact an assignor and request a game of the appropriate age, duration, and competitiveness for your assessment. Let the assignor know this request is for an assessment.
- Once a match is assigned, log in to the Officials Management System (OMS) website. From your Member Home Page, click on the “I want to” dropdown menu and select “Request Referee Assessment”.
- Next, fill in the “Request/Register Assessment” form completely and click “Submit”.
- In order to complete your request, you must pay the fee for your assessment (indicated in green on your Member Home page). Once your fee is paid, your request will automatically be sent to Bryan Roslund, SDA.
- Upon receiving your request, an assessor will be assigned to your match. You will receive an email from Bryan confirming the assessor.
Maryland Assessment Fees
The fee for an assessment is determined by the level and purpose of the assessment requested. Below is a table showing appropriate assessment fees. These fees are consistent with the assessment fees of other states and greatly simplify our system. Referees must request assessments through the OMS website and pay for assessments by credit card.
|Category||Type of Assessment||Fee|
|I||Grassroots Referee Developmental||$60|
|II||Grassroots to Regional (Referee or AR) Upgrade or Regional Maintenance||$70|
|III||Regional to National Upgrade or National Maintenance||$75|