Standards of Conduct
The standards of conduct established by the Federation serve to define general guidelines used in determining whether members of the Federation Referee Program act within acceptable limits so far as ethical conduct or conflicts of interest are reflected in their actions. Membership is a privilege offered and granted to individuals who perform capably as officials, instructors, assignors, assessors, and administrators during sanctioned Federation Referee Program activities. Membership carries with it an obligation for each individual member to uphold and promote the stated goals and objectives of the Federation and do nothing to bring the Federation into disrepute or work against its goals and objectives. Any conduct that is considered unethical or a conflict of interest shall be subject to possible disciplinary actions.
Code of Ethics for (the Federation Referee Program)
All members of the Federation Referee Program are expected to:
- Consider it a privilege to be part of the Federation Referee Program and use actions that will reflect credit upon that organization and its affiliates
- Maintain the dignity of the position
- Conduct themselves ethically and honorably
- Treat themselves and others respectfully and honestly
- Perform duties knowledgably and in accordance with the Laws of the Game
- Adhere to all policies and requirements of (the Federation Referee Program
- Safeguard confidential registration and performance information
- Give priority to all Federation affiliated assignments and programs
- Honor all Federation affiliated assignments and obligations
- Not discriminate against or take advantage of any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin
- Failure to follow this Code may result in disciplinary sanctions or decertification.